Regular Meeting on Dismantlement Overview by Decommissioning Contractor
- Meeting honored the life of Gene Stone, a former member of the Community Engagement Panel and a great citizen.
- The Community Engagement Panel heard from Southern California Edison’s decommissioning contractor, SONGS DecommissioningSolutions, on its progress dismantling the site. The presentation covered key topics of interest to the local community, including safety, radiation protection, environmental stewardship, and waste management and transportation. Broadly on schedule; about one year into an eight-year process.
- Throughout the site, extensive work is taking place inside buildings to prepare them for demolition. Several administration and warehouse buildings have been demolished and the material sorted and shipped to recycling facilities and landfills outside of California. Most transport will be by rail, leaving the site at night.
SONGS COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT PANEL VIRTUAL MEETING INSTRUCTIONS
The June 17 Community Engagement Panel (CEP) meeting will be conducted via Microsoft Teams as Southern California Edison and CEP members work to reduce COVID-19 exposure through actions that align with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommendations on physical distancing.
Members of the public will be able to listen and watch the meeting, as well as participate in a public comment period. Instructions for joining the meeting, submitting questions before and during the meeting, and signing up for public comment are located below and in the column at right.
2Q 2021 Community Engagement Panel (CEP) Meeting – via Microsoft Teams
Thursday, June 17, 2021
5:30 – 8:30 p.m.
Location: via Microsoft Teams – link provided below
The meeting agenda and materials will be provided prior to event date.
Microsoft Teams meeting
Join on your computer or mobile app
Or call in (audio only)
+1 213-297-0156,,13238268# United States, Los Angeles
Phone Conference ID: 132 382 68#
Meetings MAY be recorded only if the presenter enables the recording feature AND initiates recording. If the meeting is being recorded, you will be warned and you may either consent to recording by staying on the call or hang up and contact meeting host.
How to submit questions and comments
To submit questions in advance of a CEP meeting use the email address provided: email@example.com
- Questions submitted in advance of the meeting and related to agenda topics will be—to the greatest extent possible—addressed in the presentation and/or discussed during facilitated public dialogue
- Questions must be received 2 days prior to the meeting date to be addressed during the meeting or a response will be sent via e-mail following the meeting
- NUCCOMM questions related to agenda topics will be addressed first followed by questions asked during the public comment period.
To submit questions during a CEP meeting, use the link provided: CEP Comment Form
- Questions will be added to the queue in order of receipt
- Questions related to the meeting agenda topics—to the greatest extent possible—will be addressed / discussed during facilitated public dialogue
How to sign up to speak during a CEP meeting public comment period:
- To sign up to speak, complete the CEP Comment Form
- The CEP Chairman will call on individuals by name one at a time to speak and the Microsoft Teams microphone will be opened for that individual.
- Each person requesting to speak will have three minutes to provide their comments or question.