Community Engagement Panel Meeting - Virtual
Noon - 3:00 p.m. Pacific Time
(Note change in meeting start time!)
The SONGS Community Engagement Panel and SCE are pleased to welcome guest speaker Dr. Kim Petry, Acting Deputy Assistant Secretary of Spent Fuel and Waste Disposition for the Department of Energy. Dr. Petry will discuss the Department’s Request for Information (RFI) on consent-based siting for federal CIS facilities (see document at right). Please note, the normal meeting time has been adjusted to allow guest speakers from the east coast time zone to participate.
SONGS COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT PANEL VIRTUAL MEETING INSTRUCTIONS
The Feb. 10 Community Engagement Panel (CEP) meeting will be conducted via Microsoft Teams as Southern California Edison and CEP members work to reduce COVID-19 exposure through actions that align with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommendations on physical distancing.
Members of the public will be able to listen and watch the meeting, as well as participate in a public comment period.
Instructions and a link for joining the meeting will be posted soon.
See below for instructions on submitting comments before or during the meeting, and signing up for public comment.
How to submit comments:
To submit comments in advance of a CEP meeting use the email address provided: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Comments submitted in advance of the meeting and related to agenda topics will be—to the greatest extent possible—addressed in the presentation and/or discussed during facilitated public dialogue
- Comments must be received 2 days prior to the meeting date to be addressed during the meeting or a response will be sent via e-mail following the meeting
- NUCCOMM comments related to agenda topics will be addressed first followed by comments during the public comment period.
To submit comments during a CEP meeting, use the link provided: CEP Comment Form
- Comments will be added to the queue in order of receipt.
- Comments related to the meeting agenda topics—to the greatest extent possible—will be addressed / discussed during facilitated public dialogue
How to sign up to speak during a CEP meeting public comment period
- To sign up to speak, complete the CEP Comment Form
- The CEP Chairman will call on individuals by name one at a time to speak and the Microsoft Teams microphone will be opened for that individual
Each person requesting to speak will have three minutes to provide their comments.